Re: Issue Summary 1.4

CSS2.1 defines the "color" value in [1], and also defines system color
values in [2].
(NOTE: System colors are scheduled to be deprecated in CSS3 Color Module).
Are system colors included as "defined" (from excerpted text following),
even though
they are scheduled for deprecation?

Thanks and best wishes
Tim Boland NIST

P.S.  Regarding Guideline 1.4 [3], are there unambiguous definitions of
"foreground" and
"background" available for WCAG2.0, so that
one could clearly understand what is "foreground" and what is "background"
relative to that
"foreground"?  WCAG2.0 WD glossary [4] has a definition for "background image"
(referring to "back of the
visual field?),  but not of "background" or "foreground" that I could
find.   CSS2.1 describes
  the background of
an element as its "rendering surface".  I think it would be good to use
similar terminology
(and similar definitions of such terminology) if appropriate and possible.

P.P.S   I'm also having difficulty parsing the wording of G1.4L1SC1 [3
again].   Should this SC be written as "over a background image, background
color, or background text.." (with a suitable definition for
"background" as mentioned previously), or is this what is implied by the
current wording?   CSS2.1 has "background-image", "background-color", and
"color" properties , but no "background-text" property.   The "color"
property takes a "color" value (mentioned previously) or "inherit" (exactly
one of them must occur), and the "background-color" property takes a
"color" value, "transparent", or "inherit" (exactly one of them must occur)
(please access [5] for more information).   Why does only "background-image"
in G1.4L1SC1 indicate a link to a definition?

[1]: http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/syndata.html#color-units
[2]: http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/ui.html#system-colors
[3]: http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/WD-WCAG20-20050601/#visual-audio-contrast
[4]: http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/WD-WCAG20-20050601/#glossary