From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Ineke van der Maat
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 11:50 AM
To: Yvette Hoitink
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: Re: Proposal with updates from 26 May call

Hello Yvette,

You wrote:
> If we do want a success criterion about spoken versions of text, I
> think we should include that it has to be the user's choice, i.e.:
> "The user can select a spoken version of text content" or something
> similar.

I really think to skip the whole requirement is the best way. When users
want to listen to text, they only need to put on their screenreaders. Also
for other platforms than windows screen readers are  developped the last
time.
Advantage also: users can always have the same settings they are used to.

greetings
Ineke van der Maat