Re: RE 3.1 proposal - first half

From: Ineke van der Maat <inekemaa@xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 19:58:18 +0200
To: "Joe Clark" <joeclark@joeclark.org>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Hello Joe,

>Do you mean *invent* or *locate* three different sites?
>
> And keep in mind our skill-testing question in all linguistics-related
> guidelines: Can I make this work right now in Maltese or Estonian?

This issues is much more complicated, because the EU officially recognizes
also 39 minority languages in EU-countries. Here is a website in the Dutch
minority language Frisian:
http://www.fyk.nl/fr/FYK-ljeppers/02-11/novimber_2002.html

i really can not understand this text.   Also Limburgs, Nedersachsisch (low
saxion), Jiddisch (a jewisch language) and Romani are official dutch
minority languages in the Netherlands and so in the EU.

Also e. g.  Catalan, Basque  Corsican, Saami (sweden) and Cornish (GB) are
official EU-minority  languages.

Greetings
Ineke van der Maat