Baseline definition

From: Loretta Guarino Reid <lguarino@adobe.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 18:09:17 -0700
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

It looks like our discussion on the list was reaching consensus. The GL 4.2
subgroup did some minor wordsmithing, and proposes the following:

Baseline: Set of technologies assumed to be supported by, and enabled
in, user agents in order for Web content to conform to these guidelines.

NOTE 1: Some examples of entities that may set baselines that an author may
have to follow include the author, a company, a customer and government

NOTE 2: In the techniques document we plan to discuss techniques for
conforming to WCAG 2.0 based on three different baselines (i.e. assumptions
of technologies supported and active in user agents).