Re: Implications of proposed baseline definitions

From: Tim Boland <frederick.boland@nist.gov>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 09:25:05 -0400
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

I am concerned about the possible implications of including such
baseline-related "hooks" directly into some (but not all?) of the normative
success criteria,
particularly in relation to QA SpecGL Requirement 07 ("use a consistent
style for
conformance requirements and explain how to distinguish them" [1]) and
Requirement 08 ("indicate which conformance requirements are mandatory,
which are recommended, and which are optional" [2]).  I am also concerned about
use of the word "implicitly" (in excerpted text following) regarding
conformance, conformance model and testability.  Perhaps I am
misunderstanding, but have all the implications of this (possibly major?)
change at this point
to the wording of success criteria been considered?

[1]:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-qaframe-spec-20050428/#consistent-style-principle
[2]: http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-qaframe-spec-20050428/#req-opt-conf-principle