RE: Guideline 1.3 and user interface changes

Thanks Jason,

Jason, you wrote
> Correct. Now if we substitute "programmatically made" for
> "programmatically determined" in my reply, all of my points are still
> applicable.

To follow this - I had to go back and pull up the original post - so I have
attached it below for others as well.

I can see what you mean - but do we really want to approach the problem that
way.   It seems indirect and hard to follow.   Using "programmatically made"
to mean "programmatically operate a standard control that will in turn make
the change", seems to be a bit of a multi-layer interpretation of the term
"programmatically made".  It isn't inaccurate I guess - but it seems
roundabout and hard to follow to me.

 Also, isn't approach 2 (exemplified by case 2) redundant with case 1?
I think we already require that the control be accessible (case 1) below.
So is there a need to use the indirect "programmatically made" requirement
of case 2.

How about if we just say something like "all controls needed to carry out
the full functionality of the content need to be operable by AT"?

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
Director - Trace R & D Center