From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Joe Clark
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2005 10:18 AM
To: WAI-GL
Subject: Unicode encodings

As I have explained on this list before, it is unnecessary to be so very

specific and brand-conscious in our guidelines as to require Unicode
encoding. We merely need to require a declared and correctly-used
encoding.

Anyway, I asked Michael Everson and John Hudson if any of the
currently-used Web encodings contained characters that Unicode does not,

and they both answered no.

--

     Joe Clark | joeclark@joeclark.org
       --This.