RE: Unicode encodings

From: Mike Barta <mikba@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 14:11:13 -0700
To: "WAI-GL" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Agree.  Authors cannot actually publish in Unicode for the most part but
in UTF-8, 16, etc. which are encodings.  As long as the content uses an
encoding that is a registered standard then we should be ok with it.

KOI8 and UTF-8 will both yield Unicode Russian chars once the agent
interprets them.  And no, klingon is not an encoding despite what the
fan club might think -- unless the author knows for a fact this is only
going to said fan club, since in that case his baseline includes that
encoding.

/m