Re: Proposal for Guideline 1.1 (Definition of functionality)

From: John M Slatin <john_slatin@austin.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 14:32:57 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Wendy proposes:
functionality

Proposed definition: Performing or able to perform an action in
response to user input.

I'm not sure about this one-- it seems more like a definition of
"functional" than of "functionality."

For example, you can substitute the definition for the word "functional"
in 1.1 L1 SC1:

For non-text content that performs or is able to perform an action in
response to user input.

If we want to accept the definition, we might consider changing 1.1 L1
SC1 slightly, replacing "is functional" with "provides functionality" or
"has functionality"

John

"Good design is accessible design."
John Slatin, Ph.D.