RE: Proposal for 4.2, Ensure that user interfaces are accessible

From: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 18:41:31 +0000 (UTC)
To: WAI-GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

> Perhaps we can generalize:
>
> <proposal>
> Any change made to content via the user interface, including changes to
> state and value,  can also be made
> programmatically
> </proposal>

What is this supposed to fix? Whom is it supposed to help?

If I use a:hover:after to add text to the end of a hovered link, how am I
the author supposed to make that possible "programmatically"?

In what was is my CSS definition for a:hover:after not "programmatic" in
the first place?

--

     Joe Clark | joeclark@joeclark.org
       --This.