Re: issue 1214. 2.4: 1194.22-like SC should be level 1 [21]

From: Wendy Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:32:28 -0400
To: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

Gregg Vanderheiden wrote:

> In your comments below – I'm not sure I follow how
>
> "When content is arranged in a sequence that affects its meaning, that
> sequence can be determined programmatically. "
>
> relates to skipping blocks of repetitive text.
>

> Can you explain?

There is a proposal to move the following Level 2 criterion to Level 1:
"When content is arranged in a sequence that affects its meaning, that
sequence can be determined programmatically." This does not cover markup
that groups the repeated material.  However, that *could* be covered by
the existing level 1 criterion, "Structures and relationships within the
content can be programmatically determined." Because the groups of
repeated material have relationships that could be programmatically
determined.   Then, the current level 2 criterion for bypassing repeated
material could become a technique for this criterion.

Clearer?
--wendy

--
wendy a chisholm