IRC log isn't what we're talking about

From: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 22:22:01 +0000 (UTC)
To: WAI-GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

I think I can resolve an issue here:

<http://www.w3.org/2005/04/21-wai-wcag-minutes.html>

>   wc: only web apps that involve creating content that is meant for the
>   web would need to conform to ATAG
>   ... hairy issue: for example, our IRC client logs to the web, so would
>   our IRC program have to confrom to ATAG?
>   ... we could say "if your app generates web content, go to ATAG"

No, because we are using Internet applications (IRC programs) and not Web
applications (browsers, user agents) to create the Web content. If we all
had to log into a Web site to read and write to IRC, then it might fall
under our topic of discussion.

I see someone else later pointed this out.

--

     Joe Clark | joeclark@joeclark.org
       --This.