RE: AGENDA for Thursday 7 April 2005

From: Jason White <jasonw@ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 17:08:54 +1000
To: "David MacDonald" <befree@magma.ca>
Cc: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

David MacDonald writes:
 > Is anyone else getting 2 copies of every email post to the list?

I'm only getting multiple copies of messages that have my address in
the "to" field and the mailing list in the "cc" field, which has
always been the case. However, I eliminate the duplicates with the
following Procmail recipe:
# isolate duplicate messages

   :0 Whc: msgid.lock
   | formail -D 8192 $PMDIR/msgid.cache
   :0 a:
   duplicates

That last line might as well be /dev/null but I save them to a file
just in case a mistake is made (i.e., two non-identical messages sent
almost at the same time having the same message id - not likely).