RE: Action item: provide examples of usability issues not covered

From: John M Slatin <john_slatin@austin.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 09:07:10 -0500
To: "WATANABE Takayuki" <nabe@comm.twcu.ac.jp>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Cc: <nabe@lab.twcu.ac.jp>

Thank you for sending this update!

"Good design is accessible design."
John Slatin, Ph.D.
Director, Accessibility Institute
University of Texas at Austin
FAC 248C
1 University Station G9600
Austin, TX 78712
ph 512-495-4288, f 512-495-4524
email jslatin@mail.utexas.edu
web http://www.utexas.edu/research/accessibility/

-----Original Message-----
From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of WATANABE Takayuki
Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2004 5:22 pm
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Cc: nabe@lab.twcu.ac.jp
Subject: Re: Action item: provide examples of usability issues not covered

I'm sorry I found a similar guideline was already mentioned in WCAG 2.0.

WCAG 2.0 Guideline 3.1 L3 SC
<quote>
Alternative representations: summaries, paraphrases, examples, illustrations, and symbolic languages

Adding non-text content to the site for key pages or sections specifically to make the site more understandable by users who cannot understand the text only version of the site. </quote>

--
WATANABE Takayuki <nabe@lab.twcu.ac.jp>
Tokyo Woman's Christian University