Re: [Fwd: A Call to Reorganize WCAG 2.0]

From: wendy <wendy@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 13:04:14 -0400
To: James Craig <wai-wg@cookiecrook.com>
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org, shawn@w3.org

Hello James,

> In last week's call, someone (was it Kerstin?) mentioned that WCAG
> didn't seem so complex once someone fully explained how all the pieces
> fit together, and why all the pieces were necessary. Perhaps we can
> work on a short, plain English introduction; essentially, a executive
> summary of WCAG 2.

Thank you for helping with damage control on the IG list.  As we've
mentioned in the last few meetings, the EOWG is working on an Overview
for WCAG 1.0 [1]. An Overview for WCAG 2.0 would provide the starting
point for WCAG 2.0 by outlining the purpose, the pieces, and the
relationships between the pieces.  It provides an illustrative graphic
as well as descriptive text.

--w

[1] <http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/sketchpad/wcag-intro>