Re: [Fwd: A Call to Reorganize WCAG 2.0]

From: James Craig <wai-wg@cookiecrook.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:09:48 -0500
To: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>, w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> As I recall, in September 2001 when I was a part of WCAG the face to face
> meeting resolved essentially tis, except with a more intelligent approach to
> things that were necessary for accessibility but could not be machine tested
> (such as whether alt-text is actually useful...)

I realize that WCAG 2 requires more complexity than that description,
but perhaps you could summarize the 2001 meeting for the IG list. I sent
that thread to the GL list in case one of the senior Working Group
members wanted to attempt some public relations damage control.

In last week's call, someone (was it Kerstin?) mentioned that WCAG
didn't seem so complex once someone fully explained how all the pieces
fit together, and why all the pieces were necessary. Perhaps we can work
on a short, plain English introduction; essentially, a executive summary
of WCAG 2.

Kerstin (or whoever said that), please reply to me off-list.

Cheers,
James

--
http://cookiecrook.com/