RE: [wcag2] Definition of 'complex content'

From: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 12:46:50 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Do we need to be defining words that are not meant to be different than the
dictionary definition.   (see below)

If we are going to define a threshold -- eg. When something becomes complex
-   then I can see it.  But if we can't - don't - then I'm not sure what we
are doing.   If we just want to provide examples -- then it should be as an
example.   Yes?  No?

Gregg

DICTIONARY ENTRY
Complex
Function: adjective

1 a : composed of two or more parts : COMPOSITE b (1) of a word : having a
bound form as one or more of its immediate constituents <unmanly is a
complex word> (2) of a sentence : consisting of a main clause and one or
more subordinate clauses

2 : hard to separate, analyze, or solve

3 : of, concerned with, being, or containing complex numbers <a complex
root> <complex analysis>