RE: [wcag2] Definition of 'complex content'

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 18:08:46 +0200 (MEST)
To: "Roberto Scano (IWA/HWG)" <rscano@iwa-italy.org>,gv@trace.wisc.edu
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

Gregg:

> I ask because I don't think we want to in any way say that
> complex content should not be posted to the Web.

But it makes sense recommending to reduce that complexity, or am I wrong?
(And that's what I meant at all, though maybe misleadingly formulated.)

> So I think we need to remove the word content (or at least
> not comment about not posting complex content)
>     - and talk about presenting content in complex ways
>     - or complex presentations
>     - or something along those lines.

But ain't it quite important to define 'content' first? And then, we could
e.g. offer a definition for complex content as well as complex presentations
including a note that some people might have problems understanding
information then.

Roberto:

> I think we need two definition: complex content and complex
> presentation.

And what do you (all) perceive as a presentation? (To me, that's almost
always associated with infamous Powerpoint slides. And thus has nearly
nothing to do with Web accessibility. Presentational aspects of a Web
interface seem like something different to me.)

I propose to define this term as well, then deciding how to proceed.

Best regards,
 Jens.

--
Jens Meiert