RE: [wcag2] Definition of 'complex content'

From: Roberto Scano (IWA/HWG) <rscano@iwa-italy.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 15:27:19 +0200
To: <y.p.hoitink@heritas.nl>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Agree with Yvette proposal.

----- Messaggio originale -----
    Da: "Yvette P. Hoitink"<y.p.hoitink@heritas.nl>
    Inviato: 19/08/04 15.16.07
    A: "w3c-wai-gl@w3.org"<w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
    Oggetto: RE: [wcag2] Definition of 'complex content'
    > Hi Gregg,
    > > Do you have a final recommendation?
    > first of all -- apologies for the late reply. Meanwhile, I
    > created a new definition for 'complex content' (please see my
    > initial message [1] for
    > details) to be included in the Working Draft [2]:
    > "In general, content is considered complex if it requires
    > much effort and trouble to be analyzed or understood. In
    > particular, this could mean that the displayed information is
    > too capacious, is ordered too dense, consists of many
    > interconnected parts or uses different presentation styles
    > for kindred information chunks.
    > Observance of these guidelines helps to make sure that
    > content does not become too complex."
    > Feedback and comments are appreciated, and I hope this
    > definition is basically suited for our needs. (And I
    > especially hope the finishing sentence reaches consent :)
    Hi Jens,
    I like the drift of your formulation but I think some of the wording is too
    complex and the sentences are too long.
    There are several words or phrases which I think are hard to understand or
    Ordered too dense
    Kindred information chuncks
    I also think we should include difficult language as an example of complex
    Content is considered complex if it is hard to analyze or understand it.
    Following these guidelines helps to make content less complex.
    Examples of complex content:
    * content that contains much information
    * content that uses words the visitor doesn't know
    * content that is presented very close together
    * content that consists of many parts
    * content that uses different presentation styles for similar types of
    Yvette Hoitink
    Heritas, Enschede, the Netherlands
    E-mail: y.p.hoitink@heritas.nl
    WWW: http://www.heritas.nl

[Messaggio troncato. Toccare Modifica->Segna per il download per recuperare la restante parte.]