RE: Flash captioning (was: RE: Javascript alternatives not necessary?)

From: Lee Roberts <leeroberts@roserockdesign.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 15:17:54 -0500
To: "'WAI-GL'" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Shouldn't we be using words people will understand?

I don't have a PhD as many people don't.

I had to go look up the big $10 word ... gainsaying.

Couldn't you have simply said contradict or something to
that affect?

I must admit I did appreciate the opportunity to be
educated once again, but others may not take the time to
go find the definition.  Google doesn't have that word
defined.  I had to go to dictionary.com.

So, people stop using big words to show off your large
vocabulary and start following the guidelines.

Lee Roberts