RE: Flash captioning (was: RE: Javascript alternatives not necessary?)

From: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 19:21:39 +0000 (UTC)
To: WAI-GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

> How would Helen Keller receive the information in that
> Flash presentation?

Well, first she'd need to be revived from the dead, whereupon whe would
likely evince a strange new appetite for BRAINS ("B-R-A-I-N-S!").

Nobody-- including WGBH-- has any facts whatsoever on which to base any
Web-accessibility claims for deaf-blind people. We talked about this at
the Toronto f2f.

One again triggers his stopwatch to time how long it takes for Andrew W.K.
to write in gainsaying me.

     Joe Clark | joeclark@joeclark.org
     Expect criticism if you top-post