Re: New internal draft of HTML techniques

Joe Clark wrote:

> They're [optgroup labels] plainly displayed and visible. ...
> They don't *hide* the optgroup text. It is not *invisible* or absent.

The optgroup label is still there, but unless your Windows browsers work
differently than mine, keyboard users never see the optgroup label of a
drop-down list. The only way to see the optgroup labels is to use a mouse.

When I use my *mouse* to select a drop down list, I can see the whole
list. I see the selectable options and I see the optgroup labels.
Everything works fine with a mouse.

However, when I tab to the form element, and then use the arrow keys,
the browser cycles through one option at a time. I never see the full
list. It never cycles through the optgroup labels. I get the same
behavior in my Mozilla based browsers, my IE browsers, and my Opera
browsers.

--
Paul Bohman
Project Coordinator