RE: Meaning and scope of "authored unit"

Gregg Vanderheiden writes:

 > Jason wrote
 > I disagree here. Suppose I set up my server so that failure to
 > negotiate results in an error response.
 >

 > Gregg
 > Well, if the error response is accessible it would comply since that would
 > be the version of content that is presented if there is no negotiation.

I thought of that, but to say a protocol error counts as "content" is
really stretching usage quite considerably, and would have to be made
explicit somewhere. On the other hand it does satisfy all requirements
for being machine interpretable and would otherwise satisfy the
guidelines; but I think most people would think that a protocol error
is not an example, even a trivial one, of Web content.

Thus we either clarify somewhere that this is admitted or reword the
requirement to cover the case where there is no default version of the
content.