    Da: "Loretta Guarino Reid"<lguarino@adobe.com>
    Inviato: 21/07/04 0.40.06
    A: "Lee Roberts"<leeroberts@roserockdesign.com>
    Cc: "w3c-wai-gl@w3.org"<w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
    Oggetto: Re: Javascript alternatives not necessary?

    Lee, what should we be telling the developers of these new technologies that
    they need to do before their techology doesn't need a text alternative for
    accessibility? Or will it always be the case that they need a text alternative?

    > While we focus upon things like JavaScript, SVG and Flash,
    > who says that some smart person won't come up with a new
    > technology?  Each time we have a new technology come up we
    > are in the same position ... it won't work on all
    > platforms and in all assistive technology. Therefore, we
    > must have a fallback position.
    >
    > That fallback position must be an equivalent text
    > alternative.
    >
    > Lee Roberts
    > http://www.roserockdesign.com
    > http://www.applepiecart.com

[Messaggio troncato. Toccare Modifica->Segna per il download per recuperare la restante parte.]