Re: [techs] HTML

From: Lisa Seeman <lisa@ubaccess.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 20:35:04 +0200
To: Michael Cooper <michaelc@watchfire.com>, "WAI GL (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

my contribution for the html brake out group...

metas data section could be more interesting,
 meta data could be added , for example, to the image files , by the graphic
artist at authoring time of the picture itself. using dc:title as an
equivalent of an alt tag, and description as an equivalent of an  long desc.
now I will go out on a limb and assume the artist will make a better
description then the web page designer.
now imagine a multi gif of cascaded descriptions, imagine if you can add a
long desc each time you add layer to a Photoshop picture...

3.1
Long documents are often divided into a variety of chapters,...

By starting with this it look like only long documents need headers
start with:
Since some users skim through a document by navigating its headings
I would also put this stronger.  that assistive technology users use headers
to navigate a page..

5.2
Use the abbr element to expand abbreviations where they first occur.
I would just say  -Use the abbr element to expand abbreviations
adding "where they first occur" is a bit debatable- occur where- on a page
or in the view

and if it is in the view-how can you know

and if it is not in the view it is a lot less helpful for  the user..

The same is true for 5.3

question on 5.7 -is it a problem to use q tags on long quotes, can we say
use q on long or short quotes (or just quotes) without limiting it
blockquotes format stuff so you may not want to use it

6.1
this is a great example - but i think it belongs in css techneques

7.9
axis - do we need this if we are using headers or scoop? The wording makes
it should like a must, not an option

that's it for now