[techs] scripts

From: Lisa Seeman <lisa@ubaccess.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 18:20:50 +0200
To: "WAI GL (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

scripts stuff
just looking at Jims work
very cool.

Points  that comes to mind - we should document what type of things make
scripts inaccessible- we may find some general guidelines that work across
scripts
I think this is really important as it is one of the frontiers  of cross
disabilities
To start of the list of inaccessible script generalizations I suggest the
following entry:

scripts can change there value of an existing attribute or value on an
existing tags/elements
scripts should not create a new dom element
scripts should not create content outside the DOM
scripts should not change the role and function of elements of content
content and functionality generated by scripts need to be accessible (for
example -automatic relocation, handlers that are not device independent)

This is fun...
Lisa Seeman