RE: Issue #832 Clear link text, etc. (action item)

From: John M Slatin <john_slatin@austin.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 10:07:26 -0500
To: "Yvette P. Hoitink" <y.p.hoitink@heritas.nl>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

-----Original Message-----
From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Yvette P. Hoitink
Sent: Monday, July 05, 2004 4:09 am
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: RE: Issue #832 Clear link text, etc. (action item)

Hello list,

[requiring noun phrases instead of verb phrases in link text]

I don't think we can require noun phrases instead of verb phrases.
Sometimes the action is what makes the distinction between two links.
For example, consider these links:

"View item A"
"Edit item A"
"Delete item A"

If you ban verb phrases, what should the noun phrases be for these
links? Constructs like "deletion of item A" only make the text more
complex and _less_ accessible.

Yvette Hoitink

John:
Great point! Thanks, Yvette.