RE: Issue #832 Clear link text, etc. (action item)

From: Yvette P. Hoitink <y.p.hoitink@heritas.nl>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 11:09:23 +0200
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Hello list,

[requiring noun phrases instead of verb phrases in link text]

I don't think we can require noun phrases instead of verb phrases. Sometimes
the action is what makes the distinction between two links. For example,
consider these links:

"View item A"
"Edit item A"
"Delete item A"

If you ban verb phrases, what should the noun phrases be for these links?
Constructs like "deletion of item A" only make the text more complex and
_less_ accessible.

Yvette Hoitink
Heritas, Enschede, the Netherlands
E-mail: y.p.hoitink@heritas.nl