RE: simple language testable thing

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:11:35 +0100 (MET)
To: lisa seeman <seeman@netvision.net.il>
Cc: y.p.hoitink@heritas.nl, w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

> In Hebrew (for once ) this is easy.
> A foreign word is written in a different character set.

CMIIW, but since the UCS (Universal Character Set, often referred to as
Unicode) is the document character set for HTML/XML, they (foreign words) ain't
written in a different character set.

Again referring to to John (see my last post [1]) I claim this is an issue
where unimpaired users are affected as well. Also, I don't see any need for
ruling language use by the WAI WG (there already was such a discussion a few
months ago [2] ;).

All the best,
 Jens.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2004JanMar/0169.html