RE: simple language testable thing

From: lisa seeman <seeman@netvision.net.il>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 10:28:43 +0200
To: "'Yvette P. Hoitink'" <y.p.hoitink@heritas.nl>, "'W3c-Wai-Gl@W3.Org'" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Ahh..

In Hebrew (for once ) this is easy.

A foreign word is written in a different character set.

Lots of foreign words become merged with Hebrew but then they are
written in Hebrew. The problem hits when you are expected to know a
different alphabet for the honor of reading brand and product names, or
the word "cool" etc etc..

Level one - translate words that are written in a different character
set to the primary page encoding?

Level 3 -
Provide translations for any text not written in the natural language of
the page

All the best
Lisa Seeman

Visit us at the UB Access website
UB Access - Moving internet accessibility