RE: Action item: Bug 300- Form embedded in table

From: Jim Thatcher <jim@jimthatcher.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 16:08:58 -0500
To: "'Chris Ridpath'" <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>, "'Sailesh Panchang'" <sailesh.panchang@deque.com>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Chris said:

<quote>

I think the type of form you have in the demo (using a table to identify the
controls) is a rare type. So this is not a big issue.

</quote>

Chris, I don't agree. I see variations of this idea in every commercial site
have worked on. The title attribute on input elements (and select menus and
textareas) is a crucial technique for the proper handling of forms. I think
it is a big issue.

Jim

Accessibility, What Not to do: http://jimthatcher.com/whatnot.htm.

Web Accessibility Tutorial: http://jimthatcher.com/webcourse1.htm.