Re: Action item: Bug 300- Form embedded in table

From: Sailesh Panchang <sailesh.panchang@deque.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 15:21:44 -0400
To: "John M Slatin" <john_slatin@austin.utexas.edu>, "Chris Ridpath" <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Cc: "Jim Thatcher" <jim@jimthatcher.com>
Message>The title attribute works well in these cases >and should be allowed as a conforming >technique in cases like these.
Well the explicit labeling method  will not work because  a one to one relation between label and control is absent. So title is the most appropriate method and only way to go.
Yes a survey form as John suggested or a check out form with  items selected in first column and columns for quantity and amount is another. I have also seen a reservation form with flights in one column and radio buttons in other columns for different fare possibilities.
So it is not very rare.
When there  is a one to one relation, label for method can be employed and so can the title method.
Bug 300  asked  about use of title in a form so I gave an  example for whichh it is appropriate and did not mention  cases where the table only serves as a  layout table.
Sailesh