Re: Action item: Bug 300- Form embedded in table

Thanks for the clarification. Our technique needs to be updated to accommodate this.

Chris

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jim Thatcher
  To: 'Chris Ridpath' ; 'Sailesh Panchang' ; w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
  Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 5:08 PM
  Subject: RE: Action item: Bug 300- Form embedded in table

  Chris said:

  <quote>

  I think the type of form you have in the demo (using a table to identify the controls) is a rare type. So this is not a big issue.

  </quote>

  Chris, I don't agree. I see variations of this idea in every commercial site have worked on. The title attribute on input elements (and select menus and textareas) is a crucial technique for the proper handling of forms. I think it is a big issue.

  Jim

  Accessibility, What Not to do: http://jimthatcher.com/whatnot.htm.

  Web Accessibility Tutorial: http://jimthatcher.com/webcourse1.htm.