Re: Bug 704 - Inline elements.

From: Jason White <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 14:44:49 +1000 (EST)
To: Wendy A Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>
Cc: Roberto Scano - IWA/HWG <rscano@iwa-italy.org>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

On Tue, 11 May 2004, Wendy A Chisholm wrote:

> I'm fine using the term user agents, but I think "transcoding server" is
> outdated and limited.  Transcoding only refers to one aspect of what is
> possible with web services.

I agree. More broadly, I think WCAG should, where appropriate, make use of
terminology derived from discussion of "device independence". In this
context I am referring to terms such as "delivery context", "adaptation
mechanism" and so on. One of the advantages of the "device independence"
documents is that a relatively small list of technical terms, used
precisely, suffices to express most of the ideas in the field.