Re: Untestable success criteria

From: Geoff Deering <gdeering@acslink.net.au>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 16:55:15 +1100
To: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>
Cc: WAI-GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Joe Clark wrote:

> My feedback is that Chris is ideologically reluctant to accept that some
> accessibility guidelines will never be machine-testable. It took hours and
> thousands of words of explanation before he would finally reluctantly
> conded that colour combinations for colour-normal visually-impaired people
> could not be machine-tested.

Most web developers I know say this is machine testable against a table
of colour combinations.  It's a parsing nightmare, but so many other
things are too.  But at the same time I don't see anyone willing to
invest their time in this when so many other things, especially in
accessibility, need attending too.

All I am doing is making a point that colour combinations are machine
testable.

Geoff