HTML techniques - Title element (no blocker)

From: Yvette P. Hoitink <y.p.hoitink@heritas.nl>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 23:40:27 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Regarding the HTML techniques draft, I think something is missing in the
Title element technique:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/WD-WCAG20-HTML-TECHS-20031020.html#title

Here it just says that you should use the title element to define in a
simple phrase the purpose of the document.

What I think is very important, is that this description is specific to the
page. I see a lot of websites where every page has the same title, for
example the name of the organization. I think it would be wise to make it
explicit that titles should preferably be unique within a website.

Yvette Hoitink
CEO Heritas, Enschede, The Netherlands