[techs] Re: Techniques For HTML Rough Draft

Chris,

Thanks.  This raises some good questions and issues.

1. We need to figure out how to combine AERT with the current HTML
Techniques draft [1].  Or will we have two documents?  Also, keep in mind
the relation to ATAG and ATAG Techniques [2].
2. How will we handle overlap of techniques?  For example, you have
technique 3.5.1 "Check document for header nesting" associated with
checkpoint 3.1, but these might also be relevant to checkpoint 1.3 "Make
all content and structure available independently of presentation."
3. I'm curious how you sorted the techniques into Levels.  There are some
WCAG 1.0 priority 1 techniques in Level 2, Minimum Level are primarily WCAG
1.0 priority 2.  If this sorting is correct, then people who conform to
WCAG 1.0 will be a bit confused when they move to WCAG 2.0.
(the next two questions are from your document)
4. What is a major section and what is a long document?
5. Can valid long documents be devoid of paragraphs?
This might relate to the applicability axis we talked about at last
Thursday's telecon.

--w

[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/wcagtech020320.html#text
[2] http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/#Deliverables