Avoid deprecated features query

From: Pam Galloway <pam.galloway@connectinternetsolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 11:42:21 +0100
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

All

Can you clarify what avoid means in this instance, please.

If a web page has includes some deprecated features and is submitted as
4.01 Transistional, which allows for deprecated features, will it be
accessible to Priority Level 2 - Guideline 11.2 - Avoid deprecated features
of W3C technologies?

I took it that avoid means try not to use, not don't use. I need an answer
as we are looking at a site with 100's of pages that needs to be compliant
to level 2. Some deprecated features have been dropped and replaced using
CSS. Others would take a while to do as the number of pages is extensive.

cheers

Pam Galloway