RE: Avoid deprecated features query

The issue seems to be semantic, pivoting around the meaning of the word
"avoid" in the guideline.

I agree with Pam that "avoid" does not include the sense of  its likely
intended meaning: "do not use" [per Wendy 's interpretation]. "Avoid"
certainly is more of a "grey" word
than a "black or white" one.

I suggest need to be clearer and replace "avoid" with "do not use" in the
guidelines.

This change would then create a more "black and white" decision for those
trying to make their whole sites compliant.

In Pam's case this solution is probably not one she wants to hear, given the
considerable workload involved.

Per Wendy's suggestion could we live with a WWW that had
varing compliance at the page level as opposed to the site level? I think
that *could* work but may not be ultimately that usable for the web
community we are designing for.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Gordon.