Re: F2F notes for discussion of illustrating text checkpoint

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 18:10:45 -0500 (EST)
To: Wendy A Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>
cc: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
In the sense that something requires illustration to be accessible, the
question of whether or not the illustrations are provided by the original
author is irrelevant. In order to make something accessible, it may well be
*required* to illustrate it, even if the original author lacked the desire,
or resources, or time, or format to do so.

In the sense that WCAG has no enforcement power, of course nothing is
required. There are just things that need to be done *IF* somebody wants to
make content accessible, according to the WCAG conformance definition.

chaals