Re: zoom tool-tips

From: Matt May <mcmay@bestkungfu.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 12:02:33 -0800
To: "jonathan chetwynd" <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Cc: "WAI GL" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
----- Original Message -----
From: "jonathan chetwynd" <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
> In which case why is it that the tooltips are still in standard size?
>
> If this standard is not in the guidelines could it be?

First, this is an issue with user agents, not web content. It is addressed
(I believe) by checkpoint 4.1 of the User Agent Accessibility Guidelines
[1].

[1]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/CR-UAAG10-20010912/guidelines.html#tech-configure-
text-size

In Windows 2000, you can set the user's tool tip size in the Appearance tab
of the Display control panel, in the Item drop-down box. It's an
operating-system-level control.

-