Re: NEW Checkpoint 4.S.1 (taken from S-1. Goes in Section 4. )

From: phoenixl <phoenixl@sonic.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 11:11:38 -0800
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Hi,

Looking at this from the point of the web page developer, it is not clear
that the effort that would be involved with producing a version that
meets all the guidelines would actually address the needs of people with
multiple disabilities.  Given that web page developers have finite resources.
is this really the best way for them to use their resources?

In a way, this goes back to what is the purpose of the guidelines.  Is it
for everyone to use the same web pages or is it for people to have access
to the information and functionality provided on web pages?

Scott