Re: Checkpoint 3.3 Research

The proposal for 3.3 is being reworked following last week's telecon.

Since 3.3 aims to address, among other things, barriers that might prevent
people with disabilities from comprehending and using web content, it
would be especially helpful to have input from people with expertise in
cognitive disabilities that affect reading comprehension.

We have a wealth of current material on general usability, rules of
composition, and best practices in web writing (thanks, Lee, for
your most recent contributions!). But I, for one, am far less familiar
with research on cognitive disabilities. If someone with knowledge of that
area of research  would like to summarize the conclusions that are most
relevant for 3.3, it would help us as we work on the next draft of that
checkpoint.

I also like Kynn's suggestion and would be interested to hear the online
writers' thoughts on 3.3.

Jo