Re: suggestions for where working group members can get involved

Graham,

Sounds great. Thanks for volunteering.

We discussed this a bit at the OZeWAI conference and I had promised to draw up the image that I showed to the audience.  Attached is a sketch in svg and jpeg.

We usually talk about accessibility and usability on the same continuum.  Some have said that one is the subset of another.  However, what if we look at the intersection of two continuums?  They are orthogonal to each other.

One continuum is "ability": at one extreme there are no restrictions (possible?) and at the other are  physical, sensory, situation, device, etc. restrictions.

The other continuum is usability: at one extreme is "usable" at the other is "not usable."

I'm not sure it is a sound idea, but it's just a thought to add to the mix.  I look forward to what you come up with.
--wendy

--
wendy a chisholm
world wide web consortium