Re: Active Participants Listing

At 11:21 AM -0600 1/22/02, Lee Roberts wrote:
>Again, please excuse my ignorance.  If I'm on the "not so good
>list", but am allowed to participate that is fine with me.  My
>suggestion to the situation is to have a list of people that are
>considered Associate Members and a list of people called Full
>Members.  The Associate Members could still have their name on "the
>list" on the web site since that seems to be the goal of some
>individuals.  Yet, the Associate Members could be ones that were not
>able to make meetings due to work conflicts or funding issues for
>small shops and unemployment for those that still want to
>participate.

I think it's not just the name on the list that's all that important,
but it is important to recognize that many of us are volunteering our
time (and our expenses) to participate, too.  Those of us who are
active -- and I'm not saying I am or am not, only questioning how
the rules are applied -- should at least receive recognition.

I'm more concerned that the W3C procedures don't seem to be followed
except in part.  This leads me to some confusion at to how exactly
the working group is being run, and whether or not that will be a
barrier to getting more and/or more-interested people involved.

Please keep in mind that the question of "who is on the list" was
not raised by anyone wanting to be on a list, but rather by the
working group chairs publishing -- for whatever reason -- a list
of "members in good standing."

--Kynn

PS:  I currently have an action item pending, and I was planning to
      take time out of my writing schedule this week and get it off
      my plate.  However, as I am not a member of this working group,
      according to the official record, I am not sure why I should
      take the time to do so.  No, I am not here purely for the
      public recognition, but on the other hand, if I'm told I am
      not "in good standing" -- then why am I spending any time on
      this?

Forthcoming: Teach Yourself CSS in 24 Hours