Re: Active Participants Listing

From: <BottomsupCo@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 20:24:30 EST
To: ESlaydon@beacontec.com, leeroberts@roserockdesign.com, w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
I am a disabled user who must utilize special accessories to operate my PC.
My reason for joining The Group was to learn about and possibly contribute
toward the formation of useful guidelines regarding accessibility issues on
the Web. I guess that I'm not in good standing because I have not attended
any online meetings, face-to-face sessions or meetings. Hopefully, I be able
to attend in the future.

I am not a Web scholar or designer, but I did submit a webpage for Web
Validation last year located at:
http://geocities.com/gwendolyn_lane/LeverLiftStory_Photopage.html. It is slow
and somehow duplicated itself and definitely not up to your standards.
Nonetheless, I enjoyed building it. And, despite the fact that now (as
opposed to those 1986 photos) I am severely crippled, and wheelchairbound, I
am still able to "soar like an eagle" just about anywhere on the WWW.

So, thank you Active Participants for helping me understand some of the
complicated steps involved in making the Web more accessible for all of us.

With Great Appreciation,
Gwendolyn