Re: checkpoint 3.1 RE: rationalize presentation

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 00:09:40 -0000
To: "WAI GL" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
"Charles McCathieNevile":
> Most particulrly this applies to
> navigation bar text - in my opinion among the most important text on azn
> average page.

Could you explain why you have this opinion?  I find navigation bar text
is the least important text on pages I visit, I'm visiting pages for
content, I'm not visiting pages so as to find other pages through navbar
links "Home" "stuff" aren't links I click on. Links within the content and
links provided by search techniques are the links I find much more
important - It's only normally personal pages where I use the navigation
bar text links - and only then because it gives me a good insight into
what I'm on the page for (to get a better understanding of the person.)

Jim.