RE: rationalize presentation [was: Use consistent presentation]

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 12:30:13 -0500 (EST)
To: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
cc: WAI GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Just for the record I don't disagree with anything Kynn said...

chaals

On Sun, 20 Jan 2002, Kynn Bartlett wrote:

  At 3:17 PM -0500 1/20/02, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
  >Having pictures of the text and the real text should meet the requirement
  >(having pictures and alt text does not) but technically fails the checkpoint,
  >and in my very personal opinion is ugly enough to be worth avoiding...

  Right, which is why it's a broken checkpoint.

  One thing we have to be careful of is that there are several types
  of "guidelines" which we may accidentally conflate together:

  * Those based on pure access to information
  * Those based on usability concerns
  * Those based on "style"

etc