Re: FW: Revision to Web Accessibility Policy

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 08:02:14 -0700
To: Anne Pemberton <apembert@erols.com>, "Matt May" <mcmay@bestkungfu.com>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
At 6:46 AM -0400 2001/10/26, Anne Pemberton wrote:
>         I agree with your principle here. Each domain should set
>their own guidelines, but I choked over the notion of higher ed
>setting guidelines for K-12.

Agreed, I didn't mean to imply that I was defining normative (heh)
chunking, but rather giving an example to illustrate that _we_ should
not be the ones setting the standard for someone else.  As it is now,
that's pretty much like what we do now. :p  If college admins aren't
qualified to set accessibility requirements for 3rd graders, then it's
even more clear that this tiny group of people on the working group
is not qualified to decide on the needs for every audience out there.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>
Technical Developer Liaison