Re: FW: Revision to Web Accessibility Policy

Chaals and Kynn,

    You both missed the point of my note. We are all
well aware that WCAG 1.0 has a seriously flawed
compliance system. That's why we're trying to do
better.

The issue is whether you can ever get compliance from
folks whose motivation and intelligence you negate.
Announcing publicly that web designers are lazy and
ignorant and even harboring that belief within your
heart tho you don't say it, isn't going to garner much
in the way of acceptance from folks who design web
sites.

Neither WCAG 1.0 nor 508 delivers a truly accessible
site that would meet the needs of all university
students with disabilities. Just in numbers, there are
more folks with learning disabilities enrolled in
college than there are folks with disabilities
addressed in Level A or AA of WCAG 1.  By the time you
get to Level AAA you have piled in so much unnecessary
baggage that you may wonder if you have a page left.

                    Anne

=====
Anne Pemberton
Computer Teacher