RE: Consensus Items on User, User, and Author Conflicts

Hi Charles.

1) Glad you agree with G-4.  It is an exact quote from your email on the
topic. (grin)

2) Regarding  G-3
Can you give examples of something that fits what you describe.   I
can't figure out exactly what you have in mind.

Here is an example of what the group was thinking.
- A person posts a picture of the Mona Lisa to show what great art looks
like and as an example of art by that artist.    There is no way that he
can make the Mona Lisa accessible to users without sight.   But he can
provide alt text so that the person knows what picture is displayed,
and he could provide a bit of text to explain what he thinks the sighted
person should note from the picture.

- now if this is a test -- then all he would provide was the name of the
picture.... not what the answer to the question is.

Are you saying that for specific things like 'tests' we should have an
exception which is clearly laid out and delineated in the guidelines?
Or that we should have an general exception where the author decides
when they should be excepted?  Or something else?

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Human Factors
Dept of Ind. Engr. - U of Wis.